Alum for industrial applications – delivered with a difference
If you depend on high-quality alum in your industrial operations but are in an under-served market, talk to Affinity.
We’re an entrepreneurial company focused on one principle: to understand your needs and deliver solutions to you through effective partnerships.
Our business model is relationship-driven and built on our personal integrity and honesty. Learn more about our core values.
What does this mean for you?
We listen to your needs and analyze your regional alum market. Then we collaborate with you and our supply chain partners to develop a solution that provides you:
- Competitively priced alum
- Price security
- High quality, consistently on-spec product
- Dependable service
Depending on your facility’s location and demand, your alum delivery options may include tanker shipment, pipeline, or onsite plant. Learn more about your aluminum sulfate options.
Alum for a variety of industrial uses
Since ancient Egyptian times, aluminum sulfate, also known as alum, has been used for varied applications, including
- Fabric dyeing. Alum is used as a mordant in the organic dyeing process to enable textiles to absorb dye.
- Process and wastewater treatment. The biggest use of aluminum sulfate is as a coagulant in water treatment plants to precipitate out pollutants.
- Paper manufacturing. Uses range from sizing agent to charge neutralization and pitch control.
- Algae control in ponds, lakes and waterways.
- Soil pH control. As an acidic compound, alum is used to adjust the pH level in basic soil.
- Product manufacturing. Alum is an ingredient in a variety of products including firefighting foam, deodorant, baking soda, leather making, fertilizers, soaps, drugs, and chemical catalysts.
Whatever your industrial application, Affinity Chemical can provide alum to meet its required specs. Learn more on our Product page and download product specs and safety data sheets.
Need a custom chemistry?
If your industrial processes require custom formulations, we can help. Learn more about our Custom Solutions.
Onsite or offsite alum plant?
Affinity can build a plant on your production site, if it’s the optimum solution for your facility.
- Plant can be operational in 8 months or less
- Can toll sulfuric acid with no markup
- Eliminates freight charges
- Alum when you want it – just in time delivery
- Zero-discharge: no by-product streams
- Doesn’t require real estate at your facility, if space is constrained
- Plant can often be built nearby your facility
- Can still offer sulfuric acid tolling